Saturday 23 April 2011

Gardening

HAPPY ST GEORGE'S DAY.

Yesterday we were a little slow in getting started but eventually we got outside into the garden and did lots of chopping, shearing, mowing etc. There is a lot more stuff to do but it is ongoing.

Thought I would share a few of the quirky things in my garden as there aren't many flowers as such. We have a lovely Ribenis in flower at the moment. A big surprise was at the bottom of what we call the field. This is a bit of land we own and where we park the cars. Many wild flowers grow there and the dogs roam in that area. However we planted a tree there and forgot about it. Yesterday I went down to that end of the field and it has beautiful hot pink flowers on it.



Green man - I got him at a car boot sale

Wind chimes - a friend bought this for my birthday a few years ago. I think the rust adds to it's charm.


Twisty, dangly thing I bought in Somerset last year.


A different set of wind chimes - I bought these at a table top sale for £1.


Another twisty, dangly thing. Got this at a car boot sale last week for 50p.


This is a strange object in the garden! Isobel washing the cars in the field.


The gateway to my top garden. You go up a little hill and through the gate to a flat piece of garden where there is a tree swing, a trampoline and a shed. It's not overlooked by anything apart from one of our bedrooms and a gable end window of a flat above a hairdressers behind our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment