Sunday 3 June 2012

A Local Walk

Friday morning dawned warm and clear. I was out of bed at stupid o'clock and out walking with the dogs by 6.30am.

I thought I would take you on a little tour of my walk.

First I went down through the village past the village green:

The Millenium Sign post

The entire Green

The Stocks



Then I went down a little footpath that comes out into a big field:




Over a stile and down what was an old railway line for the mines. You can just see the dogs in the field on the left:


A feather I found on the path. I thought it looked good against the fencepost

Then cross the road and down another footpath/farmtrack where there were hundreds of bunnies and Bear and Evie went off on a chase (with no chance of catching them I might add):




The track bends to the left and then we are in another big field. Sometimes there are cows or sheep in here so I am always wary with the dogs here but at the moment it is a grass meadow and the grass is about 18 inches high. The dogs went off chasing rabbits again:

Yes that is the footpath ahead of me

That's Bear among the grass and he is a German Shepherd cross!

Can you spot Evie? Top left hand side. She was bounding through the grass like a kangaroo as she is only small.


Over a stream and into another field. At least the footpath is a little clearer here. This photo isn't as sharp, as I was shooting into the sunlight.


At the other side of this field there is a track that goes between some trees and bushes and over a little stream. Then the next field climbs fairly steeply uphill.


Looking back over some of the fields I have crossed. This is the field where we go sledging when there is enough snow to do so.

Bear trotting up the track

No it's not a tombstone in the middle of nowhere. It is a lone gatepost. I would love to to know why or how it comes to be alone in the middle of a field:

Leaving the field I walked up an unmade road known as Furnace Road, past some stables and up to a main road. This looks like a path straight to the house but it is on the other side of the road.

Now a bit of road walking, then through a housing estate, up a steep little hill and through a 'snicket' and I was on the path between the two moors near home. There was a lilac tree in full blossom which smelled divine in the early morning warmth.



I headed back towards and up the top moor as that takes me home:




Comfrey in abundance at the gateway to the moor












No comments:

Post a Comment