Friday 3 February 2012

January 26th

Met up with Helen and Adey today who are doing the Hamm Ride with me.

We decided to meet at Richard Dunn's car park and we knew we were on a time limit as Helen had an afternoon appointment somewhere. So we went down to the Spen Valley Greenway and had a chat as we rode. Helen spurred us on to go fast on the way down. We had a short break at the bottom and then turned round and headed up again.

It's great riding this with others as the time and distance soon passes and before we knew it we were back near the top end. Adey left us at Low Moor to weave through the streets home but Helen and I continued to the top of the Greenway and then back up Staithgate Lane which is a long uphill road.

Helen of course is faster than I am up the hills and she waited for me at the top. She then went back to Richard Dunn's and I cycled around the roads back home. So 23 miles done today for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment