Saturday 19 June 2010

The good , the bad and the ugly (well not the ugly bit)

I've been a bit remiss at posting again!

Saturday June 12th

Isobel and I got up early and went to a car boot sale at Bramhope. It wasn't as big as we had expected so we didn'tbuy much. Isobel got a denim printed sleeping bag in really good condition for £2 and some pink hair spray for 20p. I got some pinking shears for £1.

On the way back we went into Otley and had a tootle round the charity shops there. We were talking about a friend called Gemma when not 10 minutes had passed and we bumped into her. She doesn't live anywhere near there so this was totally unexpected. Only things we bought there were for Isobel, a pair of denim shorts and a pair of board shorts.

We got home, got changed and sorted out our gear and went canoeing at Pugney's lake with the club. It was a lovely sunny day so there was a big turnout. Isobel played the game where you get out of the canoe and walk along a raft of other canoes, yes, she fell in! We really enjoyed ourselves today and it must have done the arms and core muscles good as we did plenty of actual paddling.

Sunday 13th June

Got up early and went for a run on Tong St. Did 49 minutes of r2.5/w1 minute. Didn't feel too bad either.

Monday 14th and Tuesday 15th June

Both work days so the only exercise I did was walking 10 minutes to and from the car.

Wednesday 16th June

Lovely sunny day so after getting up at some unearthly hour by accident (I thought it was an hour later than it really was) I took the dogs out for a walk. You can't sneak out with Bear as he barks very loudly as soon as he knows and even out on the street. We were out for 6.25am and had a lovely walk and it was so warm.

Decided that I was going for a bike ride today. Took the mountain bike on the back of the car down to Apperley Bridge and joined the Leeds Liverpool canal there. It was such a lovely morning that I felt really happy. Most other people seemed in a good mood too.

I felt good physically as well. I wasn't struggling at all and it was lovely to see the swans with their cygnets and the geese with their goslings. Disn't see many ducklings though.

I went as far as what I call Kildwick (not sure if it is or not but it is 12.1 miles from Apperley Bridge. Stopped at my usual spot by a bridge and found two ladies sat there. They were walkers and we had a rather nice chat.

We said our goodbyes and I set off back again. This time I stopped at the Five Rise Locks cafe and had a coffee and a piece of strawberry shortcake (well I needed to fuel up!) before completing my journey back at Apperley Bridge. What a fabulous day.

Thursday 17th June

After taking Isobel to school I took Evie to the Spen Valley Greenway for a run. Decided to move it up a notch and do R3/W1. It was a hot day and Evie struggled a bit poor little dog, she is about 11 years old and a bit rotund although she is losing it a bit now.

Despite the heat we managed 50 minutes of this so I was really pleased with that. When I got back Peter had already walked Bear.

Usually a busy day exercise wise for me but today Peter wanted me to go to the property auctions with him. We had put in an offer on a house in Birkenshaw but they told us to go to the auction. We did all the necessary registration etc and then bumped into someone I know. Her dad was selling a commercial property but as he isn't well she had come instead of him.

It was interesting seeing the prices that some properties were (or weren't) making. Eventually it got to the one we were after. Two other people were bidding but we got it for £2k less than we had offered originally so that was okay. It is a one bed mid terrace with a sitting tenant so nothing to do with this one as yet.

Peter and I went for a carvery to celebrate and we phoned Chris (our partner) who is on holiday in Greece to let him know we now have another property in the portfolio.

The planned circuit training didn't happen this evening as I found out that it was induction evening for parents at Isobel's new school. She hadn't told me so it was a good job I bumped into Tania at the auctions as it was her that told me.

Friday 18th June.

Well the Juneathon went well and truly down the drain. Today I had to go and get Peter's Father's Day presents so it was a wander around Aldi and then I went across the road to the retail park. Bumped into Monika who I used to know years ago and we had a chat about Carol who used to be my best mate until she got into Spiritualism and became very odd. She is even odder still apparently.

We didn't go canoeing tonight as Peter's back isn't too good again and I was being lazy.

Must try harder as it used to say on my school report!

No comments:

Post a Comment