Friday 11 March 2011

Lent day 2


Yesterday I got those 'do I want to go swimming' feelings. Why do I feel like that. I always have. I enjoy any of the things I do when I get there but I do so easily talk myself out of it. I've never understood why. Probably my basic laziness.

Anyway I didn't talk myself out of it and went along to Spenborough Pool. Thankfully it wasn't very busy at lunchtime and there were only two other people in the fast lane.

I did 50 lengths in 43 minutes (there are 48 lengths to a mile at this pool) so I was pleased with that. I also included one length of back crawl and one length of front crawl in that. Front crawl is definitely not a strength for me and I do not feel confident doing it but I didn't drown so must be doing something nearly right.

After a pleasant hour or two wondering around the nearby town's charity shops I came home and had something to eat. By that time I was starving.

In the evening I went to my usual circuit training class. This class has always been small but I don't know why as the instructor, who is also a friend, is excellent. She is very knowledgeable and is willing to help you if you have any problems at all. Last week there were 9 of us which is almost unheard of for a long, long time. This week there were only 4 probably due to the heavy winds, rain and hail. Who can blame anyone staying at home in that lot.

Anyway an hour of circuits done and dusted. Roll on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment