Wednesday 9 March 2011

Lent!

Today is the first day of Lent. Although I am not religious I am giving up eating sweet things for Lent as it is a finite period and I am hoping it will kick start my weight loss again. It also means i will look forward to Easter rather more.

I am also stepping up my exercise again. Janathon was a great opportunity and it pushed me into doing exercise when I would normally use any old excuse not to do it. So I am looking at Lent in the same kind of light. Although I cannot promise to do something everyday I am going to try to.

I have been roped into doing another bike ride this year. Not as exciting as the Hamm rides and certainly not as arduous but it is four days of riding. The first day is 40 miles and then three days of 35 milers. It is all in Yorkshire starting and finishing at Shipley Town Hall and visiting Knaresborough, Osmotherley and Whixley. We are taking two disabled lads with us and the focus is on getting them around the ride.

This means training rides will start again from this weekend.

I have also been asked to help out at another weekend away in Derbyshire with the Disabled Cycling Club. This will be the weekend after next and will probably be staying in a bunkhouse. This won't cost us anything as we get funding from another source and so it doesn't come out of our charity's money.

So I have several things to look forward to and a few reasons to get moving again.

No comments:

Post a Comment