Friday 30 April 2010

Apathy Rules!




Well after last week's fiasco I have started feeling very despondent. Am I good enough to do this ride. Are they going to make me get in the van. Am I going to be too slow. These thoughts should galvanise me into action but it has had the opposite effect....what's the point.

I haven't been swimming this week. I took Wednesday off as a flexi day to get a training ride in but needed to go to the dentist and got an appointment for ....Wednesday! The dentist was running late so I was in there for about an hour and a half.

Thursday I was going to go for a ride but.....never got my backside into gear. Swimming went by the board as well. Circuit training I couldn't attend as there was a bike ride meeting. I handed over £460 in sponsor money so that was quite satisfying.

Today I was determined to get out for a ride. Got my gear on but could not find my helmet anywhere. Searched and searched and there it was under my nose! Went to get the bike out but it had become firm friends with the other bike, nothing I could do could persuade them to part company with each other. So I gave up!

Instead I decided to make a chocolate cake for Isobel to take to camp tonight. That turned out rather well so I made some chocolate biscuits from the WI book of biscuits. Yum, yum! Decorated the cake with pink icing and pink glitter and filled it with Nutella. Nothing fancy but it looked good enough to eat.





No comments:

Post a Comment