Friday 25 February 2011

Feeling Down

I know I have a lot to be thankful for. In particular I am extremely grateful for good health.

Basically we are short of money and normally I cope with this quite well. I'm not a spendthrift but it is nice to have a bit in your purse for when it is needed.

This week is half term so I took the week off to be with Isobel. I have no spare cash and the car uses fuel like there is no tomorrow. The weather's not been good and I have wasted the whole week just about.

This is so not like me. I usually find things to do that are free and am interminably jolly but I am feeling so down this week. I couldn't even be bothered to go out in the garden and do a bit of tidying.

The only thing I have done all week is go to the cinema yesterday. We went to see Yogi Bear which was good fun and not taxing for the brain at all. We then went to the Bombay Stores, which is a big Asian textile shopping place. I got three ready made Asian 'blouses' which are like bolero tops. I did not want them for clothing but loved the colours of the materials. They were 25p each! I also bought a bag of offcut materials for £1. Great for collages etc when I get around to it.

Isobel wanted to get some henna as we bought some in a kit aimed at children and she enjoyed using it. So we spent the princely sum of £3.74 altogether including the material. I now have a strange wiggly design all over the top of my right foot!

Right, just writing this has made me feel better and more positive. Okay I've wasted this week but I don't have to waste any more, do I? Sorry for being a misery.

I think I might set myself a challenge again, a bit like Janathon as I seem to work better if I have a target of some kind. It will either be a Marchathon or a Lent target of some kind. I did the Lent thing a couple of years ago although I am no longer religious it is a good six week target to Easter. I stopped eating anything sweet for the duration and did more exercise.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you are feeling down, but I don't think your week has been wasted with those bargains and quality time with your daughter. That's something that can never be quantified or replaced.

    I also have lost some mojo along with Janathon, but am busy doing other things. It'll happen again. Maybe plan a small event to aim for?

    ReplyDelete