Sunday 20 February 2011

Not much exercise going on. Part two

Last Sunday Isobel and I should have been on a Coach Ramble but after a hectic few days I had a bit of the runs so we rang and cancelled it. Good job too as the coach broke down and they had to walk up Sutton Bank twice!

We went to a table top sale instead. I love car boots, tabletop sales, jumble sales (you don't see many of them these days) etc. We were later than usual getting there but we got some bargains. I got a pair of black pull on boots with a heel, nearly new for £1. We found Isobel a black, wool type coat (very fashionable at the moment) for another £1. We got a henna skin decorating kit (aimed at kids) for 10p and little black cat ring holder for 20p to cheer up my friend. Oh and I also got her some Body Shop leg soothing gel for 20p (last of the big spenders, aren't I).

Three day working week this week so no aquafit on Wednesday. Thursday I was definitely going swimming and to circuits though. After some procrastinating I got myself down to the pool and was really looking forward to it but as I was about to get out of the car in the car park I realised my purse was at home. Bloody hell! I didn't have time to go home and come back again but I didn't feel like I could ask for credit either.

I did manage to get to circuits though without any mishaps.

Friday I did some weight training - in a way! I have been stockpiling loads of stuff that needed to go to the charity shop. The bin bags we had just weren't strong enough to carry the weight of this stuff hence the reason we bought bin bags in Amsterdam. Six full bags were carted from the corner of the room to the top of the stairs. From the top of the stairs to the bottom of the stairs. From there to the car. Driven to the charity shop and carried to the shop. Phew, that must count as cross training.

I was going to go canoeing tonight but last time I went I was completely ignored by the instructor so didn't feel inclined to go tonight. Besides which I have been fighting a cough for a week and a half and I think the cough is winning.

Yesterday I had got tickets for a screening of Dirty Dancing for free. Yes I have seen the film tons of times but I have never seen it on the big screen. This was for the launch of Race For Life so there was a presentation before hand and a little musical number from some dancers and singers. Ex Corrie star, Nikki Sanderson (Candice in the show) was there too.

Today we decided to go for a walk. Instead of doing the usual circular we thought we would take the dogs and go to the other house and surprise Peter (this is our fourth 'other house'). It wasn't a particularly nice day, it was grey and cold but at least we were out and about.

We left home, walked through the village, across the golf course, through a hamlet into the bottom of an estate. We then walked through the woods, down to the ponds, across an industrial estate and down the Spen Valley Greenway. We were a bit miffed because the road we wanted to get onto could only be reached by walking round a very long winding road around another industrial estate. Eventually we headed up through another village, across a main road, up another long road and onto the final main road. Not far to go now. I could feel a blister starting to build on the back of my foot.

About half a mile and we reached the house we were heading for but hang on, there was no van outside. Unbelievable but they had gone! We couldn't face walking home again so we rang Peter who agreed to come and meet us at Tesco. This was only a couple of streets away but we both needed a drink. Peter was bemused with us. The walk was 6.25 miles so we done good.

No comments:

Post a Comment