Friday 28 May 2010

Starting again

Sunday 16th May

Didn't feel too bad on the day I came back from the cycle ride. So we were up early next day, with canoes firmly attached to the roof of the car, we headed towards York, Nether Poppleton actually.

We were actually a little bit late but met up with the rest of them as they were taking the cars to the other end. Once they returned we all launched onto the river.

It was a nice morning with a slight breeze and a threat of rain eventually. We had a nice steady paddle down the river. There were about 20 of us all told.

When we got into the town centre we pulled out of the river for a lunch break and a drink.

With everyone satiated we then put back onto the river and continued down stream. We had a slight shower but nothing much.

Eventually we got out at the boat club landing. It was warm thankfully so we didn't freeze while we waited for Pater to go and get our car from where we started. In fact we sat and had a nice chat with a few girls from the club.

Thursday 20th May

Had to go into work today for a training session so missed my swimming. However I went to circuit training this evening.

Monday 24th May

At long last I went back to Tong Baths to do my swimming intervals. Got there a bit late as I was waiting for Peter to sort himself out. However I did manage 64 lengths (a mile)in 40 minutes so quite chuffed with that.

Thursday 27th May

Got up in good time and took Isobel to school. Evie came with us in the car as we were going running this morning. Haven't been for ages but was ready for it this morning and it's not many weeks now until the Jane Tomlinson run in Leeds. We went straight down to the Spen Valley Greenway and I did 39 minutes of run 2/walk 1 and I honestly didn't find it too hard at all. Finished it off with 6 minutes cool down walk. Evie was shatterd as she had already had a walk with Peter and Bear.

Lunchtime and I went swimming at Spenborough pool. It's been a few weeks since I came here as well. I was late getting there today and then I saw my friend Claire filling her sweetie machines so I had to have a quick chat.

I did 36 lengths in 29 minutes so pretty pleased with that as it is three quarters of a mile. Claire was still there when I came out so we had another chat.

Evening came and off I went to circuit training. Jeanette was there tonight. I haven't seen her for a few weeks. Im fact there were eight of us there tonight. Felt like I did a good workout.

So that was a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment