Friday 22 October 2010

Down a few more pounds

Time soon passes on and yet again I have been remiss with my blog.

I have been busy doing things. Walking, aquafit, swimming etc and despite being tempted umpteen times I have only been a tiny bit naughty once.

Last Thursday I made a chocolate cake for my friend Gemma's birthday. I managed to not lick the bowl. Isobel filled it with Jam and topped it with chocolate and hazelnut spread, then decorated it with chocolate buttons and glitter. All of which I didn't succumb to either while making it or after Gemma cut it. However the remainder of the chocolate spread was in the fridge, OPEN! Oh dear. Thank goodness there wasn't much in it.

Friday morning, the dogs and I had a really good walk up the Spen Valley Greenway. We went up the Greenway playing with the ball and walking at a fairly relaxed normal place. It took us 55 minutes in all. I decided the return journey was going to be different. We stepped up the pace and didn't mess about and it only took us 35 minutes.

Steps on the Greenway

A view from a tunnel on the Greenway


I lost another three pounds in the second week of the Octoberthon so 8lbs in total.

Sunday I was at Derby comping day so we decided to stop at the hotel in Mickleover overnight. When we got there we all decided to go use the swimming pool. Small but okay with a jacuzzi and steam and sauna rooms. Did a bit of swimming but I had developed a dodgy knee the night before so I didn't do too much. Went in the jacuzzi and steam room too and then rejoined Claire.

Later we went for a meal in the restaurant. It was a full three course job but once again I exercised restraint although I did have a small pudding of pear and rice pudding.


View from the hotel window on Sunday morning


Sunday was the first day that I didn't do any exercise as it was the comping day. A lot of sitting down done today. However my halo is intact despite there being two packs of biscuits on the table I didn't have any. At lunch there was cake on the table, Claire, my friend had mine. Then during the afternoon, chocolate cake, carrot cake and fruit cake all appeared but I firmly turned them down. Claire had mine again.

This week I haven't done much exercise and I am feeling like my resolve is weakening. I walked to and from the car on Monday and Tuesday. Had a good long walk with the dogs to Drighlington and back on Wednesday and a nice walk on Thursday with them.

Thursday night though we went out for a meal from work. We went to the Aakash in Cleckheaton where it is a buffet meal. I asked if I could have a straight meal instead and they agreed. I didn't have a starter, extras or pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment