Friday 8 October 2010

AN EARLY WALK

I was up at 6am this morning partly because I had forgotten to put the dustbin out to be emptied and partly because I was going out for the day so I wanted to get the dogs walked early.

Bear was a pain though as he gets so excited and starts barking and boy, can that dog bark loudly. Thought about going down the moor but it was pitch dark and I didn't fancy that straightaway. So we walked down our road and turned off up Moorlands Road which leads on to the second moor. There is a large parcel depot next to this which is lit up day and night so I could see enough to be able to throw the ball for the dogs for a bit. Despite that if the ball was more than 20 yards in front of me I couldn't see it.

We then walked round the streets in Birkenshaw, took a snicket, a few twists and turns and eventually came back up to another snicket which leads onto a small road between the two moors. By now it was getting light and I didn't feel afraid to go up the top moor.

Then all too soon we were home again. It had got very misty but it was surprisingly mild.

About 9.20am Carol, Janet and myself set off to go to near Mablethorpe in Lincolnshire to see Olga who was our supervisor many, many moons ago. She is 78 now and her hip has suddenly collapsed so she is walking with a zimmer frame. We went out for lunch across the road from where she lives and as usual we were the last people in the place. Lovely meal but I avoided the biscuit that came with the coffee and any desserts.

We went back to Olga's house and carried on chatting until she insisted on us having something to eat. So while they tucked into cheese and biscuits and cheesecake and choccy biscuits I was absolutely angelic and just had two pieces of toast.

Oh and i got weighed this morning......have lost 5lbs this week. 15st 11 to 15st 6. Woo hoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment