Thursday 4 March 2010

A bit of a giggle.

Today I went swimming at Spenborough. Peter came with me as he's been to the physio with his slipped disc and he's been told to keep moving as much as possible.

We were a bit late r than usual getting there but I was in the pool for 12.45pm. There were two others in the fast lane when I got in and then two really fast swimmers got in as well. One swimmer gave in and moved to the next lane so that left four of us in the fast lane. I managed 60 lengths which is a mile and a quarter in 45 minutes. So happy with that.

This evening I went to circuits. Parking is always a bit of a trauma as there is a lot of football going on at Grange at the same time as we go to circuits. Trouble is that there are a lot of younger kids who go so their doting parents wait for them in their cars and block the car parks. This evening there was even two cars parked in the middle of the car park with their lights on and the drivers reading papers or listening to music, bah!

When I got into the sports hall there was only Chris, the instructor, June who is a lovely and very fit older lady and me! We can deal with that as it's happened before. Then Chris discovered that she had left her music cds at home. I asked if she had any in the car so she ran out of the building, round the outside, across the car park to the street where she was parked. When she arrived back she was in despair. She couldn't open the boot of her car to get at any cds. She asked at reception, nothing except an Ipod. Yeah, that will do....oh no, it needs charging.

When she faced up to the reality of no music she was going to pack the class in for this evening but she reckoned without June and myself's fortitude. We'd carry on without music. Good job we know the routines well enough. All we could do was laugh!

Chris was going to put the mats down for the MSE part of the session but I suggested she only need two and we would move them as necessary. She said she hoped nobody was observing us too closely as they would think she was a hard taskmaster....only two of us, no music and having to move the equipment about ourselves.

June and I giggled throughout the session. I suggested we should have a miniature awards ceremony at Christmas. Something along the lines of awards for the ones who carried on regardless.

I always feel good when I leave there. Firstly because I have done the training so that pleases me but secondly because we always have a laugh about something.

No comments:

Post a Comment