Friday 12 March 2010

A lot of exercise.

This morning, Thursday, I got up early and had my porridge. Then I got ready to take Isobel to school and put Evie, the dog, in the car with us. I was going for a run.

What a beautiful morning it was. Cold, but sunny. We set off on a steady R2/W1 but then a man had to hold tight to his dog as it was having a right growl at Evie so I felt it was unfair to stop running right next to him so carried on for 2.5 minutes. That didn't feel too bad so I carried on doing R2.5/W1. This meant I got further up the Greenway today. It was pleasant running today and Evie managed to trot along side me or just in front of me actually.

I got back to the car feeling good!

At lunchtime I went to Spenborough pool. There were three people in 'my'lane, the fast lane, already but the other lanes were quite busy. I noted that there was one guy doing front crawl, he has become quite a regular. Then there were two women in the lane. I saw that one woman was a very slow swimmer but the other one wasn't too bad. As the lengths ticked by, the woman who was swimming slowly became quite annoying as she wouldn't hold back at the end of the lane even though you were about to overtake her.

She disappeared eventaully. Not sure if she moved lanes or got out. The other woman carried on for a while longer and then got out. This left me and fast front crawler. When he got out I thought great I've got the lane to myself. Then three people moved up from one of the two slow lanes. A guy and two girls. They pretended to do front crawl but the last girl could only manage three or four strokes before grabbing the side and then going again. Then they swam side by side or jumped up and down on the lane rope. They were sooooo aggravating! The staff never said anything to them either.

Despite all this I still managed 60 lengths in 46 minutes. I was happy with that.

Then this evening I went circuit-training. There were June, Liz and myself and two new girls. Set off absolutely fine but by the time I was doing the second lot of running up and down the side of the hall my legs felt heavy and I felt tired. I carried on though and got my second wind and did alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment