Thursday 11 February 2010

More water sports.

Nothing too exciting to report. Yesterday I went to aquafit at Richard Dunn Sports Centre. The instructor is the same girl who does my circuit training so I know her very well. She does a similar routine for aquafit as we do for the warm up and cool down at circuits but we use those spongy 'weights' as well.

After we'd done the aquafit session I went off to the other side of the pool where there is a straight bit for length swimming. I should explain that this pool is a very strange shape with curv bits but there is one part that is straight. Sometimes it is roped off to signify that it is for people to swim lengths. About 10 lengths in to my session two Asian guys got in and were messing about swimming under each others legs or floating on their back. Eventually I said, very sweetly, that this part was for length swimming and they looked blankly at me. So I explained some more and they then started attempting to swim lengths. I did 30 lengths and then got out.

Today I went swimming at Spenborough. Got there a bit late so did 60 lengths in 52 minutes.

This evening I went circuit training and had a small personal triumph. Being a big girl I have never been able to do the full bridge (or plank) for the whole time until our instructor blows the whistle and tonight I did it, twice. Small victories!

No comments:

Post a Comment