Friday 26 February 2010

Nothing Too Interesting

There was still ice on the ground as I took the dogs out for a walk yesterday. I say walk but it was more like a drag. Bear is a strong and enthusiastic German Shepherd/Border Collie cross but he thinks he is a husky pulling a sled. So many times i pulled him back but it was like fighting a constant battle. I really am going to have to take him to training classes. We did our usual circuit of two moors but it was really foggy and started pouring with rain as soon as I stepped out of the door.

I returned a little later than I had hoped so grabbed my swimming gear and headed for Spenborough Pool. I clocked the fast lane (which I usually go in) had three people in already but the next to fast one had about seven in there so opted for the former. Managed to do 50 lengths in 43 minutes, some cool down stretches and I was done.

In the evening I went circuit-training at Grange. There were four of us there this week: June who is in her 70's and as fit as a fiddle. She shows the rest of us up that's for sure. Liz who I have just persuaded to do the Race For Life as a focus for her training and who is now panicking about it. Jeanette, who hasn't been since before Christmas due to other commitments but mainly the fact that she is in a netball team.....and myself!

The class has never been a big one for several resons. Firstly it's in a school that's not in the best of areas. Secondly parking is appalling as there is a lot of football going on there at the same time. All the adults turn up in cars, all the children are dropped off by parents who then sit in their cars waiting for their little darlings. Thirdly it is not advertised, Bradford Council should make more of this facility for things other than football. Fourthly, we are based in a sports hall which is overlooked by a balcony. People can only 'overlook' if they purposely intend to do so and a lot of the lads waiting to play football have a look over. Chris, our instructor, is always nicley asking them to back off as we aren't keen on being stared at.

We often have a laugh for one reason or another during class but when Jeanette is there we seem to spark off each other and end up in fits of laughter which makes things go quicker and less painfully. She's the same age as me and we have quite different personalities but always see humour in unlikely things. It was a good session and I felt I worked well.

No comments:

Post a Comment