Saturday 27 February 2010

A bit of canoeing and running

Last night I went canoeing for the first time in a few weeks. Almost wish I hadn't bothered.

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against kids and actively encourage them to go do activities rather than sitting at home in front of their electronic games. However last night there was a whole load of young lads especially from the scouts. Both of our instructors are connected with the scouts so they have opened up our club sessions to them.

The problem is our pool where we practice is very small and we are only allowed 155 boats on at a time. This means that if these lads get in the pool they often are messing about, talking or sinking their canoes. I know this can be fun but it means that those of us who aren't in the water are just wasting our time. Isobel was with me last night and when I realised she was just talking and messing around I asked her to get out so that someone else could have a turn. Anyway rant over.




Managed to get some paddling in. Also did a bit of high brace practice and helped someone do some T rescues. Then we actually did something a bit different. We did some side scullying to a partner in the middle of the pool and back again. Then our side had to get out of the pool and stand on the side. The people on the other side had to paddle to the middle and capsize, then we had to jump in and rescue them. After that the tables were turned and I was really dreading it as I have only just got over my phobia of capsizing. I was pleased with myself as I decided I was going to do it and did!

Just before I got out I tried someone's nose clip and I think that might just work for me. Saves me holding my nose.

This morning I got up early and drove down to the Greenway with Evie. It was cold. We managed to do 30 minutes of R2/W1. I struggled a bit on the outward journey and I passed a youngish guy towards the turning point of my run. When I stopped at the third bridge to do some stretches I noticed this guy had stopped some way down the track and appeared to be having a pee. He was stopped for quite some time and even when he set off again he appeared to be 're-adjusting' himself as he walked along. I don't know why but I got the distinct impression that as I passed him he was going to flash at me. Thankfully he didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment