Tuesday 2 February 2010

Swimming Intervals

Last night I went to the local pool. It's lane swimming between 6 and 7pm. I took my float and pullbuoy with me. I started off with a warm up of 4 lengths of breast stroke. Then I did 2 lengths of legs only, 2 normal lengths and 2 lengths of arms only and then two normal lengths again. I alternated the legs only as 'froggy' legs and kicking and I alternated the arms only with breast stroke and front crawl.

I am absolutely rubbish at front crawl and have little confidence where that stroke is concerned but I was surprised at myself doing front crawl arms with a pullbuoy. I managed two lengths at a time without feeling like I was drowning.

I did 56 lengths in total so I am happy with that.

By the time I was walking home i felt like I had had a good workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment