Thursday 1 January 2015

2015 is underway!

I got to bed at 3am.  There was no way I way going to get up early without an absolute necessity to make me.  So I got up at leisure, had my breakfast and then got my running gear on.  I had put it ready the night before so that I didn't have any excuses to not go.  The morning was mild and windy but I was going to go without a plan of distance or a need to break any records (after all it will be a PB for the year whatever).

I set off up the road and was surprised it was so mild.  I came back round the block opposite where I live, but not quite completely and carried on down a very long road. Crossing the road several times I eventually got to a little place called Drighlington. As I turned the corner at the crossroads I realised I was going to be running upwards and into a wind - great!  Never mind, that's a challenge.  I plodded on.

After getting to the crest of the hill and crossing a major road I then had a traffic free wide expanse of semi-tarmacced (is that a word?) track to run on.  However after about a quarter of a mile it becomes mud and puddles!  So it then became a case of dodging left and right to find the least wet and slippery places to put my feet.

Up past the farm, cross a road and I am on the bottom moor - mud but not too bad for most of it.  Up a short track and I am on the top moor and nearly home.  I had a touch of cramp in my right calf but nothing to stop me running.

Home, slighty muddy but not too bad, in 39.15 having done 3.79 miles.

This afternoon, my OH and I decided to go for a nice doggy walk.  It was a bit blustery when we set off but by the time we arrived at Ogden Reservoir it was bucketing it down.  Oh well we had arrived so we were going to walk despite everyone else scuttling back to their cars.








Evie a 17 year old terrier of unknown origin and Barney, a 17 month old cream-coloured labrador were just happy to be out.  Although Barney's colouring rapidly changed especially from the belly downwards as we trekked through the mud and puddles.We managed a very wet couple of miles around the reservoir before heading home for something nice and healthy to eat.




Good start to the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment