Sunday 4 January 2015

No running, just walking

Procrastination should be my middle name. Up early but 'doing' things. Not sure what things I was doing but they kept me busy until lunch time.

After lunch Barney and I set off for a proper walk.  Down through the village and turned off across the fields.  Now Barney has been a bit naughty on his recall lately but he really needed a good run around to let off some steam.  This was the ideal place as there are several fields with boundaries and no lifestock in them at the moment.  He was absolutely delighted to be allowed to run around and, to be fair, he kept coming back to me of his own accord.



Coming off the fields we were in the village just down from where we live.  We crossed the road and walked through the churchyard so that I could say 'hello' to Grandma and Grandad whose ashes are buried there. Coming out of the back of the churchyard and onto a small back road I realised how icy the road still was when I did a comedy slipping and sliding act until I could get back on the pathway.

A swing round to the left and it was a long walk uphill but not steep thankfully.  When I got to the top I had a choice of turning left and heading home or crossing the road and carrying on.  I did the latter.  This leads into another village where I enjoy a window-shopping stop at a florists.  They have some lovely unusual gifts in there as well as some interesting flower arrangements when they are open.

This is where I turn for home, although I know from here it is two miles to my house.  We pass a gold course, a pub/restaurant and an Indian restaurant along the way but when we get to the scrapyard Barney always ends up barking at the little Shetland pony that lives alongside it.  He's very strange that way.  He doesn't bark and run towards them or away from them but sometimes he just jumps upwards!  Anyway today he only barked a couple of times and didn't jump at all so perhaps he is getting used to it.

Anyway we trotted on up another slope of a hill and hit the moor opposite where we live.  I don't think the place had seen much sun all day as there was still ice on the track down onto the moor. 


 Up the moor and we arrived home but that wasn't the end of the walk.














This is where we then picked up Evie and carried on up the road, round the cemetery and across another field.  The nicest part is then alongside the woods and across the golf course which leads back into our village.

Barney and I had done a shave short of 6 miles in all in glorious sunshine too.






No comments:

Post a Comment