Wednesday 7 January 2015

Back to work today.  Well all good things have got to come to an end!


BRADFORD CITY HALL


Having said that I use this as a form of exercise.  I could, and did for many years, drive to work,  It used to be that I had to because I used my car for my job as a Visiting Officer.  When that particular job came to an end I wasn't made redundant but I went to a desk-based job.

BRITANNIA HOUSE - My office is here.

So now I was either struggling to find a cheap or free parking space each day.  Even if it is cheap it soon adds up so I thought, one day, that I would walk to work and see what happened from there.  I wasn't sure whether I would get the bus home or walk.  Even if I walked one way it would mean exercise that I wouldn't otherwise have had.

So that was nearly two years ago. I work 2 or three days per week, both ways, and I walk on Monday and Tuesday each week. Wednesday I usually drive so if I have bought anything that I can't carry home I can get it home on Wednesday.

I carry a rucksack with me so that I have a complete change of clothes and shoes when I get to work. This might seem a bit extreme for a 3.33 mile walk (each way) but I am usually very damp by the time I get there either from perspiration or the weather. It would be unpleasant for my colleagues to sit near me if I didn't change.

Today was the first walk to work of the year and it was cold but reasonable which makes for a pleasant walk.  I listen to the radio and see it as a bit of me time before and after work.

I will tell you a bit more about my walks in later blogs.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment