Sunday 11 January 2015

Wet workouts - Thursday 8th January

Thursdays I look forward to and almost dread too.  I go aquarunning at 7pm which is a pretty strenuous workout in itself - 45 minutes of running and various other exercises which stretch, push and get your heart beating like a flipping metronome.

Straight after that I swim.  They put up a fast lane which is a great help unless there are a lot of twits who don't understand the concept of a 'fast' lane.   I take my float and pullbuoy and goggles and I get stuck in. I have developed a set of reps  which stops me from getting bored just ploughing up and down.

I'm a strong breast stroke swimmer but I've had to teach myself front crawl.  So I do two lengths just breaststroke legs, two breaststroke arms, two front crawl legs and two front crawl arms.  In between each two I do two straight forward lengths of breaststroke.  This makes 48 in all which in my pool is 0.75 mile.  This I usually complete in around 30 minutes.

Then and only then, I will stop for a chat with whoever wants to chat.  Today it was my lane buddy, Helen,  Then a posh Indian chap who is very pleasant.  Lastly as I was leaving it was Kelly who is duty manager.

By the time I got home it was nearly 10 o'clock and I was famished.

No comments:

Post a Comment