Monday 2 January 2012

January 1st

Well this is the start of Janathon. I need to do some form of exercise every day in January.

Today I set off walking with the dogs. It was a bit miserable and starting raining within a few minutes of leaving home. However it was a short shower and was soon over.

We went down into East Bierley village and took a footpath out of the village into a field. There was no-one else around so I took Bear's muzzle of and we played ball. After a few minutes I espied someone coming through the top gate with a dog so I lunged at Bear to get his muzzle on. (He is a bit naughty with other dogs and sometimes nips them, hence the muzzle). However I had grapped his DAP collar and it came off in my hand and he went and chased the spaniel A quick squeal and the spaniel disappeared back up the field.

Thankfully it's owners seemed unaware or weren't too bothered and walked by with a cheery 'good morning'.

At the end of the field the footpath becomes a narrow track bounded on both sides by fences and barbed wire. This was originally a narrow gauge rail track for transporting the coal from the mines. The track finishes on a road and then crosses to another footpath but I decided it was looking a bit dodgy weatherwise so turned left up the road.

About a quarter of a mile up the road there is a small park area which we walked through until we got to the village pond. The skies were very dark and even the ducks looked miserable.


just then it started raining and got worse and then it hailed like mad. The dogs weren't happy and neither was I but there wasn't really anywhere we could shelter so we walked rapidly home and looked like drowned rats when we got home.

Didn't measure it but it was about 2.5 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment