Thursday 5 January 2012

January 5th

Today was mostly spent putting away the Christmas stuff.

It's surprising how many Christmas items we had out and I am sure once they are put back into storage there will be one we have forgotten to take down. In fact as I write I have just remembered there is a Christmas hat sat on top of a glass head on the top of the bookshelves, bugger!

Anyway after all is tidied away I took my daughter, Isobel over to the other side of town so that she can deliver a homemade birthday cake to her boyfriend. Aren't I a kind mummy!

This evening I went aquarunning. Not an easy form of exercise as you are fighting the water all the time. If you've never done it it is different to other forms of water exercise. You wear a buoyancy suit and you are in the deep end of the pool. There are two tethers on the back of the suit which you attach to a rope that is across the pool.

Bacause of the buoyancy suit you don't need to tread water so you can concentrate on the techniques of running in water. It's not just running though there are other exercises which go by the names of stairclimbing, long armed fist and rockclimbing amongst others.

There is one section where we use foam weights and instead of lifting you are pushing or pulling against the water.

When I first started going I thought they were quite an unfriendly bunch as no-one spoke to me or even smiled at me so I have made a point of doing this if I think it is someone elses first time. Having said that I have got to know a few people now who I get on okay with.

No comments:

Post a Comment