Thursday 13 January 2011

Day 13, A bit of variety

Went swimming at lunchtime at Spenborough which is a 33m pool. It was unusually quiet in the pool today and only one person in the fast lane so i got in there. I like it when someone else is either slightly faster than me or slightly slower. If they are faster I try to keep up or to stop them catching me up. If they are slower I try to pass them or not let them catch me. As it happens the bloke that was already in the lane was slightly faster than I was. This always stops me getting bored just counting lengths. I managed 72 (a mile and a half) in 63 minutes. I finished tired but happy.

This evening I went circuit training. My buddy wasn't there tonight as she is ill so as there was an odd number of us I opted to train on my own. This isn't a problem until I come to the boxercise part and you need a partner. Thankfully Chris, the instructor, said she would do that bit with me. It was a warmer night so by the time we were doing cool down stretches I was pouring with sweat. Shows I was working at least.

1 comment:

  1. wow! a good days training all round! I used to do boxersize which involved ciruits and lots of punching and shouting (the shouting was the instructor). It was great fun and left me feeling right with the world, but then I got injured and never seemed to get the mojo to go back.
    Good swimming, 72 lengths is some self discipline!

    ReplyDelete