Sunday 23 January 2011

Day Twenty Two. No news

I know I am currently blogging because of the Janathon. So mentioning things other than exercise might seem a bit odd to anyone who might drop by but I have been writing this blog for a lot longer.

I wasn't feeling brilliant today as I have been struggling with a sore throat all week and with all the emotions of yesterday I really didn't feel like doing anything today. I believe I have had/am having a mild dose of tonsilitis and I have to admit to lying around on the sofa most of the day.

Everytime the phone rang we expected the bad news but so far it hasn't come. What must she be going through inside her own head? They have withdrawn all meds and her feeding tube so is she slowly starving to death in pain? I so hope not. They say the last thing to go is the hearing so is she listening to everyone around her crying and she is crying inside trying not to let go? What a horrible thought that you are trapped inside your own body.

Sorry to be morbid and sorry if it makes for awkward reading.

I did eventually drag my sorry carcass off the sofa and take the dawgies out for a walk. The fresh air felt good after the warmth of the house. After plenty of ball throwing in semi darkness we wandered on down to the end of the first moor and around the little access road that takes us to the second one. Both dogs know the drill and when we near the flat area at the bottom of this moor Bear always starts barking at me to throw the ball again.

Sometimes I just want to walk but I know they enjoy this so indulge them again. After much throwing and retrieving we carry on again and I tread familiar ground around Birkenshaw village and back up my road. However as it is now dark we don't return through the farm we go up through a small private estate on the other side of the main road.

The trouble with this time of night is that it is the time that cats like to patrol and boy do my dogs not like cats. So I spend a good amount of time having my arm dragged out of it's socket while they try to get to the offending creatures (how and why do they know that they don't like cats?). The other problem with my arms is when I am trying to drag them past the cats.

Anyway I arrived home safely with my arms just about intact having done approx 2 miles. Must try to do something different tomorrow even if it is only a different walk!

1 comment:

  1. I know from another source that the dreaded news has arrived. Such a sad end to a relatively young life. Take care and be comforted with the thought that the end wouldn't have been so painful, and as long as she was hydrated, she would not have been distressed. If she heard and understood what was happening around her, she would have been comforted by the thought that people loved her and cared.

    Take care

    xxx

    ReplyDelete