Monday 31 January 2011

Day 31 - It's all over until June!

I was never sure that I would get through every day in January doing some exercise. Some days it was only a dog walk but it is better than not doing anything at all. I knew, as a runner starting from scratch again, that I would not be able to run every day.

It's been great to read other people's blogs and see that they too have sometimes 'only done' something. I'm going to miss that part particularly, the pain, the pleasure and the laughs.

Tonight I was late leaving work and the traffic was absolutely hideous. I had to take Isobel to Guides and I have eaten THREE scones (small ones, honest). It is cold and I didn't want to go running tonight but it is the last day of Janathon so I donned my gear and headed out. I knew it wasn't going to be a long run so I did one circuit of the block which is 1.5 miles and it didn't feel bad at all.

Looking forward to Juneathon now. Should be an ultra marathoner by then (not!).

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Well done on Janathon and well done on getting out tonight - those are the runs that really count!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!
    Enjoy those delightful months between now and Juneathon.
    And don't discount yourself! Ultramarathoning is cute, because they let you walk and sleep. Try it, you'll like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, it's all over now, and isn't it funny, if it weren't the last day of Janathon neither you nor I would have got out there. Having done so, the lesson for the next time the gremlins whisper 'gwoan give it a miss today', we have another voice that'll say 'JFDI you'll thank me later'!!!!!!!
    Well done, keep going and keep blogging, we can help chivvy each other along. x

    ReplyDelete