Thursday 6 January 2011

Day Six, Time For A Change

After running 4 out of five days so far I thought it was time to do something different today.

The day started with a dog walk. We went across to our local moor and threw the ball about for a little while. Once the excess energy was out of Bear's system we walked down to the second moor and threw the ball about some more. My right arm should resemble Popeye's after all that ball throwing. We walked about 2 miles in all after this. Very pleasant walk but it was threatening to rain.

I got back home, grabbed my swimming gear and headed back out of the door. Haven't been swimming for about two months so didn't want to do too much so aimed for 50 lengths of a 33m pool. There were already three people in the fast lane and only one in the next lane so I went for the second lane. Managed to do 50 lengths of breaststroke in 46 minutes.

The afternoon was spent with my partner up at the local hospital as he had an appointment there regarding his eyes. After loads of tests he has to go back toorrow to for a CT scan. It's something to do with blood pressure in his eyes.

Anyway to finish the day off I went back to my circuit training class. Five of us there tonight. Put quite a bit of effort into the exercises and felt good but tired by now. Part of the circuit is boxercise exercises and that really makes me puff and pant.

Anyway I feel justified in not running today as I did quite a lot anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Nice effort in the pool, I bet your legs thank you! That should help your justification.
    A friend at the gym has a eye blood pressure condition as well. I believe the result is caution with exertion, otherwise, he's a very good runner as well.

    ReplyDelete