Wednesday 26 January 2011

Day Twenty Six, All that water and still thirsty.

I work every other Wednesday so can only get to Aquarobics on the Wednesdays I don't work. Today was one of those days thankfully.

I did the Aquarobics but I am still amused by the people who use the foam 'weights' but wave them about in the air or float them on the surface of the water rather than trying to get them under the water. I'd overheard two women collecting the weights and one said 'the bigger ones make it harder don't they' so they took the big weights and only used to steady themselves in the water!

After the Aqua I was talking to my friend Chris, who is the instructor. We chatted about all kinds of things and it is amazing how fast an hour can pass with me in the water and her on the side of the pool.

Eventually though I went over to the lengths part of the pool and proceeded to do 30 lengths in 21 minutes. I then did another two and then a last one of front crawl. Then I asked the attendant how many lengths in a mile here. The reply was 64 so it is a 25m pool. So I had done just over half a mile. Cool!

1 comment:

  1. half a mile after an aquarobics class deserves a 'very well done!'.
    I've never really tried (or wanted to) aquarobics, I don't know that I would really get much out of it.
    Five days to go, what then?

    ReplyDelete