Wednesday 26 January 2011

Day Twenty Five. Just a little bit.

After a fairly normal working day and then going to do the weekly shop the lazy side of me wondered if there was a way of getting out of doing Janathon. My conscience argued that I'd got to day 25 so why spoil it now.

Conscience won!

Having duly donned my running gear I pondered in which direction to take myself and decided to go the same way as the previous night. I had a slight problem with sciatica down the front of my left leg but nothing too bad. However I soon found myself tiring, much sooner than last night. I managed to go round the block once but didn't feel I had anything more in my legs to do a second round. Still that's 1.5 miles and 20 minutes that I wouldn't have done without Janathon.

One thing I do keep suffering with is tight calf muscles. I do try to really think about relaxing these muscles and sometimes it works but not always. I do stretch them afterwards otherwise I would get cramp. One year when I did the Great North Run my muscles tightened up so much that my foot was going numb.

Anyway not much more of January to go so what is going to keep me going in February?

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you need to massage those calves to loosen them up. I have one of those marathon sticks that helsp sometimes. Also swimming helps to flex the ankles, tight ankles may be some of the problem.

    ReplyDelete