Thursday 20 January 2011

Day Twenty, Some Good News, Some Bad News

I have been coughing all night on and off but still don't feel 'ill'. It's not a chesty cough just a sore, tickly throat.

Today was swimming day and I nearly talked myself out of going. Did I feel like going? What if I coughed too much in the water? Did I have a headache coming on? etc. BUT I went, later than I normally do but I went. I did 36 lengths (three quarters of a mile)in 32 minutes. So it wasn't a washout after all.

This evening I also went circuit training. My legs felt heavy while running around the room but not too bad other than that.

The bad news is that my sister in law is being taken off the life support machines and drugs and isn't expected to last through the weekend. In fact the latest telephone call said that she is unlikely to survive tomorrow. Depending on the news in the morning we will be going across to the hospital to say goodbye to a beautiful 46 year old woman, a wife, a mother, a sister and a daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment