Friday 7 January 2011

Day Seven. A Whole Week of Exercise

Well a whole seven days have passed and I've managed to do at least one activity every day.

This afternoon was spent with my partner Peter getting to and from the hospital for his CT scan on his eyes. It snowed quite heavily today so of course all normal rules of the road seem to go out of the window and consequently traffic came to a virtual standstill. Luckily I knew a few back roads to get to the hospital so I used them. The first one I tried there was a lorry stuck up it so a quick three point turn and another few streets and I tried again. We got there in the end.

Anyway that has nothing to do with my chosen exercise today. This evening was canoeing club night. No I am not some extreme nutter who goes canoeing outside in the dark in winter. It is done at a local pool. We are pretty much left to our own devices usually but often a game of canoe football takes place and a lot of cheating goes on.

Anyway nothing fancy tonight but plenty of paddling up and down the pool at speed and atempting turns and high braces which have again left my upper arms aching.

2 comments:

  1. Canoeing in the pool sounds like so much fun. Enjoy those nice sore arms in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike. It is fun but I wish the pool was a bit bigger.

    ReplyDelete