Wednesday 12 January 2011

Day Twelve, A Better Day

After a better night's sleep I got up this morning with more vim and vigour (what the heck is VIM apart from a household cleaner?

I decided to go and find out if Boots were having there now legendary 75% off sale. It soon became apparent it wasn't today. Thank goodness it wasn't really as I discovered I had left my purse at home in my jacket pocket.

Around lunchtime I went to the local leisure centre to do aquafit. The instructor is the same one who does my circuit training and someone whose family I have known since childhood. She is lovely, and so helpful if you need to know anything about exercise she is always willing to help.

It always makes me laugh though going to aquafit on a lunchtime means there are quite a few older ladies and when Chris tells us to use the foam 'weights' they wave them around in the air rather than pushing them under the water. Still at least they are doing some exercise instead of sitting in front of the TV.

After 45 minutes of that I took off to the other side of this very odd shaped pool where there is a straight area where you can do proper lengths. I've never found out how long these lengths are but I did 30 in about 22 minutes. Thankfully it wasn't very busy so there wasn't any weaving in and out of other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment