Friday 14 January 2011

Day Fourteen. A bit of a slog.

This morning I was going to get up early and go for a run. Early kind of bypassed me so I eventually got in the car and drove to the Spen Valley Greenway. I usually take Evie dog with me if I go running there but I didn't think she would keep up so didn't take her this time.

I set off on the run at 10.31 and was soon puffing and panting up the Greenway. Thankfully there weren't too many people about to hear me. Those that were out I smiled and said good morning to whilst attempting to carry on breathing.

The weather was quite squally and breezy. I was doing run 2 minutes/walk 1 minute but you would have thought I was doing run 1 hour. Those two minutes seem to go on for ever. I have only been back to running two weeks and I did r1/w1 for the first week which I didn't find too bad. Having said that the outward journey is all up hill. Not steep uphill but uphill nevertheless. The return journey didn't feel quite as arduous.

Why do I have problems with hills in running and cycling but not in swimming. I eventually managed to do just a smidge over 3.5 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment