Tuesday 4 January 2011

Day Four. Back To Work

As I set off for work this morning it was trying to snow again. I was dreading that as I haven't ever run in snow and walking can be bad enough especially after it has been down a day or two. Thankfully it didn't hang around.

I deliberately park my car about 10 minutes walk from work for two reasons. One is that I am a Yorkshire lass and resent paying parking fees. Secondly it builds exercise into my working day. On the way in it is downhill so on the return journey it is a good heart pumping walk uphill. So that means that's a total of 20 minutes exercise without even thinking about it.

When I got home from work I decided to go out for a run. First though, a nice cup of coffee. Then after more procrastination I went and got changed, strapped my Garmin on and out I went.

I took a similar route to day two but with an extra block added in. Cold but clear evening and I didn't particularly struggle. I do have a recurring problem with tight calves so I have to consciously try to relax them or they get worse as I go along.

Anyway 1.9 miles done in 24.33 of r1/w1. So total so far is 5.72 miles (of r/w). Not masses in the grand scheme of things but still more than the majority of the public do.

No comments:

Post a Comment