Tuesday 11 January 2011

Day ten. Hard Work

Well I wrote day 10 on Day 10 but it seems to have disappeared.

A working day today so the first part of my exercise was a 10 minute walk from my car to work. Then of course at the end of the day 10 minutes walk uphill back to the car (in the pouring rain).

Wasn't feeling too enthusiastic tonight but wanted to keep up with my Janathon so got my running gear on. I took my daughter in the car to Guides and left the car there so I had a different starting point for my run. I had no set route in mind just nknew I wanted to be out for about 35 minutes and I upped the running to run 2 minutes and walk 1 minute.

I set off down Bradford Road and round onto another A road which is fairly flat for a good way but then climbs up to a bypass. A combination of running for a continuous two minutes and uphill meant I could really feel my calf muscles and I was puffing like a steam train. At the top I turned and ran back down to the flat bit. Being a glutton for punishment I then went up another road with a hill in it. Just as I was thinking of slowing the run part to a walk a man appeared walking his dog and I didn't want to appear a wimp so managed to keep my legs turning.

At the top I crossed to a quiet little road and followed it around until it came back to Bradford Road. I noticed 'Bucks Fizz' wasn't bleeping at me from my Garmin(speed it up, slow it down). Anyway back down Bradford Road and a glance at the time showed me I would be back at my car too quickly so I turned up another small road that I knew led to an alleyway. From the alleyway I made a quick dash through the churchyard and the car was the other side of the church.

The watch told me so far I had done 35 minutes 30 seconds so I ran up the road for 30 seconds so that I had done 36 minutes in all. Walked back to the car and did some cool down stretches and jumped in the car.

Blow me, when I got home I loaded the Garmin onto the laptop and it didn't bring up the graphs etc so I had to use mapmyrun to discover my mileage. It was 2.76 miles.

It was quite hard work I've got to say but bit by bit I'm getting there.

2 comments:

  1. bit by bit we are getting there together. Take care and keep it going xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, never let up within view of a dog and its owner. Great job on the run!

    ReplyDelete