Saturday 1 January 2011

New Year, New Me?

Well I've joined the Janathon. Must try to to run or do some form of exercise each day for the whole month. Also need to blog each day as well.

Midnight came. The fireworks and Chinese lanterns were going off in abundance so we went out to watch them.

Around 12.30 am we decided to take Evie and Bear for a walk. Why not? Start as you mean to go on. Cool, clear night so it was a short but pleasant walk.

Alarm didn't go off but I woke at 7.15am and was going to get ready to go canoeing but a little voice from my daughter, Isobel's room shouted to me. She was crying as she didn't feel well. Headache, very sore throat and other aches and pains. Looks like she has gone down with the flu. So we couldn't go and leave her alone.

Right change of plan. Find knickers, support bra, running socks and shoes. Oh and a t shirt and leggings would probably be the decent thing as well. Set new Garmin Forerunner 205 up and stepped out of the door for the first run in more than 4 months. It was never going to be pretty or long but I was out there that's the main thing.

I did 2.05 miles of run1/walk1. For some reason the Garmin kept beeping in the appropriate places and was brilliant at that but it didn't save the distance or any other data so that I could download it.

After a shower I crosstrained with taking the Christmas decorations down. Day 1 done only another 30 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment