Tuesday 18 January 2011

Day seventeen, I don't wanna do it!

After a busy weekend and a late night last night I was tired today.

Supposed to be having some training for the new part of my job. This has supposed to start in earnest after the Christmas break but various things have added up to the manager who is leading this not getting things together. Anyway I was sat with him today as he waffled through things on the computer screen all day. I could feel that my upper eyelids wanted to have a meeting with the bottom and it was a struggle to keep them apart.

I had my usual walk of 10 minutes each way to the car and was going to settle for that today. It is exercise after all!

After sitting around a while and taking my daughter to guides I decided to haul my sorry (and very large)backside out on to the roadside.

I can't seem to get the GPS part of my Garmin to work but at least the minute interval work. So I did R2/W1 round the block where I live which is 1.5 miles with some fairly steep (for me anyway) climbs. It's rather nice really as it goes along a main road, heads off towards our village, going round the bottom of a golf course and then heads up back into the village itself. Past a pub, the village green and eventually back on reasonably level ground and home.

Hang on a moment I wasn't completely on my knees so I carried on up our road again. It is about a third of a mile to the end of the road so when I got there I came back again making a total of about 2.33 miles (I think) in 28.07 minutes.

Well that was definitely better than nothing. Thank you Janathon, without you I would have sat on my backside all evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment