Wednesday 5 January 2011

Day Five - I'm still here!

Normally I would have my walk from the car to work and back as 20 minutes of exercise but this morning's walk was ruined last night.

After having my car off the road for about 7 weeks I eventually got it back last Wednesday, a week ago. We have spent about £500 on it. Then we bought a new battery for it last Friday and we had a trip out to the coast to test it. Fantastic, everything went like a dream.

Last night some nice people thought they could help themselves to having a ride in my car. They popped the bonnet and started to hotwire it. Because it is parked away from the house and we have double glazing we never heard the alarm going off. Luckily our friends who live across the road heard it all and came across and scared them off. They flagged down a police car but the culprits had disappeared. This morning the car wouldn't start. Bloody Hell!!!!

Anyway my partner Peter took me to work in the van. He was going for further tests on his eyes this afternoon as yesterday they found he had high blood pressure in them. They've also made him a hospital appointment for tomorrow. As he wasn't able to drive home I got my walk back up to the car.

Got home this evening after doing the weekly shop and got changed and went out for a run. Garmin strapped on and I was ready to rock. Did the same route as last night for much of the run but instead of cutting back across the moor I carried on down the road and around another block. Some of the run is near main roads but some of it is quiet almost country roads.

When I got home I found yet again I hadn't set the Garmin properly so all it told me was how long I had been out, bah! So I had a quick trip around Mapmyrun to find out my mileage. 2.36 miles done in 32 minutes of R1/W1.

1 comment:

  1. what a bummer about the car! there is no respect for people's property is there?
    well done on the run, these Garmins are tricky little blighters aren't they? but your run was good and I hope you felt better for it which is really the point isn't it. It really doesn't matter how far we go or how long it took only that in the end we go and we enjoy and we feel the benefit.
    Take care
    xx

    ReplyDelete