Saturday 8 January 2011

Day Eight. Still running.

Slept in a bit this morning. Doesn't happen often or very late but it was late for me going out for a run.

The Janathon though has spurred me on and, even though there are more people about at 9am rather than 7am, I still headed out.

The other down side was that yesterday it snowed a fair bit, then rained, then froze and today it was starting to thaw therefore making the pavements a nightmare. I ran along the road where it was safe to do so and along grass verges where it possible. That left some parts where I had to run through the slush or worse still ice. One particular corner I came around between the two moors and I slid round it. Luckily I didn't fall and there was just one witness to my ungainliness.

Anyway I managed 2.36 miles in 32 minutes so didn't do too badly considering the conditions. I've got the Garmin showing all the details I need again when I downloaded it but also got Bucks Fizz back in the unit (ie it kept telling me to speed it up or slow it down). Never mind i can put up with that.

2 comments:

  1. I had my Garmin set to work according to my heart rate, I got so fed up of the continual beeping, I turned it off!
    Well done on getting out there though, it's a nightmare in the snow and ice, luckily we have none at the moment. We've had a lovely sunny day, cold, but with the promise of spring.

    This Janathon thing is really helping re the mojo! WiiFit for me today, I got told off, cos I've not been on there for over 200 days and have gained 13lb -oops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought mine from ECC and there are already settings on it from when she used it. I aren't confident enough with it yet to do anything other than the basics but I will get there eventually.

    ReplyDelete