Sunday 2 January 2011

DAY TWO

This morning I didn't get up quite so early. Did nearly talk myself out of going for a run but wanted to make sure my Garmin was doing something right after fiddling with it for quite a while yesterday.

It appeared to be working as it was yesterday as I set off. Then it bleeped and
I thought that the first minute had gone quickly, (I'm doing one minute run, one minute walk at the moment). Then it bleeped again! Hmm what's going here. It seems it has picked up the speed parameters set by the previous owner or Bucks Fizz has invaded the unit as it kept saying 'Speed Up' when I was walking and 'Slow Down' when I was running.

Once I realised what had happened I just listened for a particular bleeping sound and ignored Bucks Fizz. I'm not particularly technically minded so like my running it is small steps forward.

I did 20 minutes of R/W and then had a five minute cool down walk and did some stretches when I got back. The downloaded info tells me I did 1.8 miles. Yesterday I had to use Mapmyrun to tell me that I had done 2.02 miles. So no great mileage but still better than sitting on your backside doing nothing.

When I got back home I changed my shoes to walking boots, put on a fleece and took Evie and Bear for a walk. Followed similar route to the run so another 1.5 miles done and plenty of ball throwing and bending to pick it up (it all adds up you know).

1 comment:

  1. "no great mileage but still better than sitting on your backside doing nothing."

    Absolutely better! and well done, the pooch walking counts you know.

    Don't go overdoing now and burning out, this is just day two, there are 29 days left in January yet, plenty of time.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete