Saturday 15 January 2011

Day Fifteen, Just a walk

I woke up early this morning and had decided yesterday that I was going for an early run. However the last few days I have noticed a niggle just below my knee and in my ankle. So I thought it wise not exacerbate the problem.

It was windy and raining but I put Evie and Bear on their leads and set off for a walk. The first part of the walk is usually on the moor so that I can throw the ball numerous times and get some of the excess energy out of their legs. Bear likes drinking out of puddles but he always takes the ball with him and drops it in the puddle. That's usually ok as balls float. However the 'ball' we are currently using is like a cube with the corners rounded off and has holes in it. It is also made of solid rubber and does not float.

Bear found the biggest, muddiest puddle to drop it in and it could not be seen. He won't retrieve it and Evie couldn't see it to retrieve it so guess who was stood in the middle of a moor, ankle deep in water at 8am!!! I nearly gave up but eventually located it and had to plunge my hand in to get it out. Great way to start the weekend.

Thought it was then a good time to carry on with the actual walk. I had put my Garmin Forerunner on to try and see if I had got the settings right and to see how far my walk is.

We carried on down the moor, around onto the second moor and emerged onto a road. This road comes out in a neighbouring village and we came round the pub and back up our road.

Our road is a very long road so we weren't near home yet. We take a footpath from the road that leads up to a farm. Now usually Evie (who is now 11 years old) is dragging behind by this time but for some reason she was running ahead of us and I had to keep calling her back again. At the top of the hill there are really good views for miles, right across to the Pennines.

We went through the farm, across another field and came through a snicket and out into our village, next to the pond.

A walk back along the road brings us home again.

The blooming Garmin, yet again, hasn't recorded the route and mileage but I know I was out walking for 53 minutes. Must read that instruction book AGAIN!

After having a shower. I made my special mince pies. Yes you read that right, mince pies. I was going to a Christmas party this afternoon that had been postponed due to the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment