Saturday 29 January 2011

Day Twenty Eight. I really am a water baby.

After a relatively lazy day of just doing domestic chores we went canoeing at the pool. I say 'we' but there was only me actually canoeing.

We were a little bit late as my stepson came home just before we were about to set off. We didn't take my own kayak as it is a bit of a faff strapping it to the roof of the car, unloading it and getting it in the pool is enough but because mine is often left in the top garden it can be muddy and have leaves in it so it takes time to sort it out before it can be put in the pool.

Anyway as I was saying we were a bit late so by the time we got there the kayaks I can get into were all taken so I sat on the poolside until someone said that there was one free. Thereafter I ploughed up and down the pool avoiding other users, practising high brace etc. We had a little game where they put a rope across the pool about four feet above the water. We had to take it in turns to paddle up to it, throw the paddle over it, catch it again, paddle to the end of the pool turn round and do it again. That was fun but they then raised the rope and we had to do this again.

Anyway I had an hour and 10 minutes of exercise so that can only be a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment